Ceci est ma Vie

"MY WORDS FLY UP , MY THOUGHTS REMAIN BELOW , WORDS WITHOUT THOUGHT NEVER TO HEAVEN GO"...HAMLET ACT ONE,SCENE THREE

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

World Cup Victory for Votes ????


It was a day off from the office today. All I did the whole day was laze around and skip through channels.

I have been a great opposer of the glorification of news that our own "popular hindi news channels" undertake... but for the first time today I think I saw them make a fuss of an issue that was very relevant. The historic win in the world cup means that the team is getting a warm reception... people braved the rains and came out on the streets to cheer on the the team on their victory procession... and then during the ceremony, we see that the team gets to sit on the third row of the dias behind the great Mr. Sharad Pawar, Mr. Rajeev Shukla and other similar clowns...

Appalling as it was, I think it reflects the state of mind these clown still have. I mean, can you even fathom what would happen if this happened in any other country.... cricket being run by politicians and a victory celebration being used for political mileage...

Another news piece doing the names is that while all other states have declared generous amounts of prize money to players from their state... Modi and the Gujarat government have decided not to reward the Pathan brothers... the IHF is complaining that the hockey team was not showered with prizes after they recently won the Asia Cup...

All this throws up some serious issues.... these clowns (read politicians) who run our sports bodies seem to suffer from serious lack of common sense...

I mean if I was a 6-7 yr old boy now, I would immediately go up to my dad and tell him to buy me a cricket bat and not a hockey stick.... Surely the governments need to do something to promote the games that don't automatically get publicity...not just follow the herd....
|| Anish, 7:18 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment