Ceci est ma Vie

"MY WORDS FLY UP , MY THOUGHTS REMAIN BELOW , WORDS WITHOUT THOUGHT NEVER TO HEAVEN GO"...HAMLET ACT ONE,SCENE THREE

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Art of Living !!

One of the distinguished features of my bskool is the emphasis (or over emphasis) on the holistic perspective of absolutely everything in life. Sometimes I get the feeling they are trying to make some super humans from us. I am being frank here, given a choice I would never have taken up something like vipassana or art of living...butas things are....I was not given a choice :-)

vipassana for me was a total no-no...10 days of silence...u must be kidding me.....but this art of living comes with a different flavour all together. To begin with....the "teacher" seems to be from a different breed altogether....the issue is that I have to get up at 4:30 in the morning. While all of us reach the meditation hall half asleep and rubbing our eyes....in walks our "teacher"..... All dressed up with a beautiful smile on her face wishing us all good morning. You cant help but admire the dedication...

The one thing that I am beginning to learn from the vipassana experience and the first 3 days of art of living is that if i have to do something...since I do not have an option....I'd rather try and do it seriously...It is very easy to be crib and pull the shutters down but I have decided to treat this course on its merit....lets see how it goes.
|| Anish, 8:17 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment