Ceci est ma Vie

"MY WORDS FLY UP , MY THOUGHTS REMAIN BELOW , WORDS WITHOUT THOUGHT NEVER TO HEAVEN GO"...HAMLET ACT ONE,SCENE THREE

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Sudoku !!

I think it was day before that the Hindustan Times carried a Sudoku puzzle on the front page.I must admit I had never heard of a sudoku before and to hear that Brits are gripped by it and that they r spreading faster than the Prince`s and Kate Middleton`s pics was a shock.I dont regard Brits very highly and agree with those who say that Brits are boring....tsk tsk...i drift...back to Sudoku.

I was never one for puzzles....crosswords,yes....but the fact that I know that I am mathematically autistic keeps me well away from puzzles( do I wish the CAT had no Maths ).So I have never been beyond the cover page of Shakuntala Devi`s book.Predictably...I had a very muted response to the Sudoku.I just read the article and left the puzzle for the outlandish souls.One of them is my mother.She, with her masters in mathematics, makes me hang my head in shame.There is nothing that she likes more than a tough mathmatical puzzle ...the kind that would make people like me look for better things to do in life.So after the breakfast she sat down with the puzzle...and in 10 min flat she solved it.Not that i doubted it....but I told her that this thing has Brits intrigued....u can`t solve it in 10 min....she smiled and walked into the kitchen.I have not till now looked at the puzzle..will never.

One thing for sure....I`ll never understand Brits.
|| Anish, 1:33 PM

2 Comments:

well...we arent all whizzes...and math...and some of us are happy to give u company buddy!! and if its any consolation...my mom's a big math brain..though not a math degree...but its heartening to know that i wasnt the only one that the math gene of hers missed...my brother is worse!!:-)
Blogger meera, at 4:57 PM  
I'm sad to hear that you think British people are boring. Isn't that very racist? Do you think all people in Britain are boring? Why are you so narrow minded? How can you make any judgement about British people based on a puzzle? Besides, a typical easy sudoku puzzle should take about 10 minutes to complete.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:40 PM  

Add a comment