Ceci est ma Vie

"MY WORDS FLY UP , MY THOUGHTS REMAIN BELOW , WORDS WITHOUT THOUGHT NEVER TO HEAVEN GO"...HAMLET ACT ONE,SCENE THREE

Monday, May 09, 2005

Delhi`s shame.

I must say this at the outset.I love delhi.In three weeks from now,I`ll leave the city for atleast 2 years.I will cherish most things about the city..but there are things about the city which make me hang my head in shame....

two gangrapes in three days...delhi is increasingly becoming a very unsafe place for women.The latest incident took place in one of Delhi`s high security areas.It irks me.Its a shame ....but what makes me write this article is an off the cuff remark made by a gentleman which I unintentionally overheard while I was jogging..."What were the girls doing on the road so late in the night..Its their fault"....he said.....what on earth does it show about the attitude of people.Just because a person happens to be of the fairer sex...how can u expect her not to venture out is she wants to....add to that the RSS statement after the Marine Drive rape case that women are encouraging rapes by wearing "revealing" clothes....oh come on...get a life.We are supposed to be a god fearing country with perhaps more goddesses than gods.


Suhas,I agree, Capital Punishment for Rapists the world over !....And if its child rape, his balls must be cooked in olive (jus that I hate olives) and he must be forced to eat before being killed !
|| Anish, 8:46 PM

7 Comments:

It has been proved time and again that rapes do not take place due to provocation or clothes. It is an assertion of power over a woman. The comments that a 'woman invited it' is very very unfair. A crime is a crime no matter what the instigation.
Blogger silverine, at 2:26 PM  
hi, thanks for dropping by my blog..i agree with you.... its the country.. not that i hate india... but then again.. years in another country has made me realise that people CAN be gentlemanly and actually incorporate that in the whole country's culture... i dont know whats happened to this one of ours...the blame automatically gets dumped on the woman... if men cannot control their animalistic needs then they need to control themselves a little better...and if one person feels terrible about what happens then you KNOW those other men can!!and just leave the women alone... they WANT to look at them regardless of what they wear...sigh *ok shut up now Grrl!*
Blogger That Girl, at 9:38 AM  
I agree, read my post and tell me what u think.
Blogger Ach, at 8:15 PM  
I certainly hope u will never be in a position to decide on punishments..=)

but totally agree with the rest of the comments.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:02 AM  
its endearing to see guys taking a stand on issues like rape..i mean seriously...though i personally think every guy who is guilty should be castrated..i mean seriously..and when a few of us were arguing about this about a year back...i got some seriously lame excuses as to how women rape men too..and jump them...i mean seriously,please...what is the ratio and are they really rape cases??only someone unbelievably pathetic would give me excuses like that!!
Blogger meera, at 10:32 AM  
@meera...yeah u mean seriously :-)
Blogger Anish, at 12:14 PM  
i agree with ur perspecitive,what i wud like to add on is if indian male can be provoked so easily...then he shud better question his manhood first,call me crude but i guess castration is the only punishment which a man can actually realize the pain n the deprivity
Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:02 PM  

Add a comment