Ceci est ma Vie

"MY WORDS FLY UP , MY THOUGHTS REMAIN BELOW , WORDS WITHOUT THOUGHT NEVER TO HEAVEN GO"...HAMLET ACT ONE,SCENE THREE

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Conversations....

If u r among the rare species who visit mah blog u would know that I am upto jogging these days.So it typically is me walking upto Karan`s home ,ringing the bell and both of us going to the park.I am lazy and I am sure Karan agrees.We walk ,we jog but more than that we talk....

Our conversations have extremes from ethics and morals to communism to that girl whom we see everyday.I try my best not to be overawed by his knowledge of economics (he is rightly going to DSE).One of the conversatons that we had was about placements in JNU.He told me how MNCs were coming to JNU and how the professors had expressed their unhappiness towards students joining some of them.We were talking when he suddenly prooped a question at me..."Suppose a Raytheon or a Snecma or a Philip Morris want to come to B-School.Do you think they should be allowed?".....My immediate response was .."Why not?"....I told him that I beleived students should be free to do whatever they wanted to...true that tobacco is bad for health and true that these companies want tension,if not war,to persist...but I think you cannot impose idealism and high thinking on students.They can always join then a few years down the line...Karan jumped and said...That exactly is the problem,students,most, will eventually see the moolah thats on offer....perhaps he is right...

The conversation then took another twist...with me mentioning that tobacco companies are among the biggest excise payers....he blasted me....said then even prostitution can bring money to the government...legalise that....I said I am all for it.....but yes.....deep down I agree with him that atleast the Indian society will never accept it...and that things like legalising prostitution only lead to the kind of social degeneration that you see in america.....but then...prostitution exists anyway...doesn`t it......all contradicting intertwined conversations....

After the jog (he always runs more than I do because he needs to) we go off add calories by drinking cold drinks and head home.

We`ll perhaps discuss Che Guevara tomorrow or may be he`ll explain to me some finer points of economics.....but I like the conversation about that girl more......
|| Anish, 9:12 PM

2 Comments:

hi..u told me to Im...u I don't have ur IM thingy...and how old ru
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:18 AM  
I found everything...no worries
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:28 AM  

Add a comment