Ceci est ma Vie

"MY WORDS FLY UP , MY THOUGHTS REMAIN BELOW , WORDS WITHOUT THOUGHT NEVER TO HEAVEN GO"...HAMLET ACT ONE,SCENE THREE

Friday, April 22, 2005

Bundles Of Joy

For me, when it comes to meeting some expectation or personal goal I quite often make silly sacrifices for the pettiest things. But I love to shop for those things. I absolutley love a good deal. Finding something for 30-50% off that you can't get anywhere at that price is like blood in the water. I become ravenous to acquire it.

Recently, I have figured out that it is not necessarily the deal that drives me. I am beginning to understand that I am addicted to the thrill of simply waiting on the package. When I was a kid, I remember the excitement of getting something in the mail that acutally had my name on the envelope or package. That excitement is addictive. I don't drink or smoke, but I'd bet the buzz I get is none the less potent. Getting a package in the mail that contains some gadget or widget (that I could usually and easily do without) makes that one or two days a month where something is delivered like an early festival.

No matter how good the deal I see that it still does not make me a savy buyer. In other words it's not smart. With all the recent upgrades to my equipment (i.e. shoes,CDs, etc.) , I could easily have just put another 20% into my purchases and come out with the same products but at least 50% cheaper than what I currently have in them. But I do not think that I would not have had near as much fun doing it. :-)

It's a cyclical process. I have researched and determined the best product. There is the rationale that I have shopped for the best deal and found it! I pay for it and deal with the buyers remorse always attached to it and sleep if off because I know tomorrow or the next day there will be a package to be delivered!
|| Anish, 12:18 AM

1 Comments:

hey anish

guess u knw the route to chandini chowk.. heard that there are decent psychatrists there.. go flash your blog to them.. they have the treatment to ur disease :-)

abishek
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:38 AM  

Add a comment